Wolf Bargain(What’s for lunch?)

The stock market is going through some heavy correction currently. Profits are slim picking this month. I might have to settle for some bird seeds during lunch 🐧....cheap cheap cheap cheap

(Lelong price Honey glazed Sunflower seed @$1 for two at cheers, they are quite nice to be honest) 


or I could have Teochew fish ball noodle. Usually I don’t recommend fish ball noodle or wanton noodle in my blog. I find them almost everywhere and mostly uninspiring. If I am given a choice of other food, I would avoid them. Fishball noodle is after fishball noodle loh. Wanton Noodle is after all Wanton Noodle loh. I rarely find outstanding examples of both. 

(No frills signboard, honest to goodness fishball noodle)

The stall has a simple name to match the food. Teochew Fishball Noodle, no fancy name, just Teochew Fishball Noodle $3 or $4 written on the signboard. Maybe I am Teochew so must support Teochew Fishball Noodle. They are the only fish ball noodle stall I go in my neighbourhood. The stall is located in a coffee shop named Wiseng food place at Crawford Lane. They have been in business for more than 30 year. The stall is run by an old couple. Uncle doing the cooking and Auntie doing the packing. They have a son which is taking over the business. Do make a good observation of Uncle, he get into some sort of rhythm when cooking the noodle and one can sense that bowl of noodle is going to turn out well.


(Uncle showing off his noodle cooking Kungfu)

(Kway Teow Mee Soup)


I usually ordered the Kway Teow Mee Soup, maybe age is catching up, like the mild and soupy stuff now. The soup is light and fragrant. The Kway Teow Mee is not over cooked. It has that springy texture. $3 dollar buy you a good size with meat ball, fishball, slices of fish cake and lean meat all in a bowl. The soup is not “msgfy”. I didn’t turn into a thirsty hippo after gobbling down the noodle . The noodle is excellent, you can see the clear out bowl spinning on the table after my meal. For chilli lover, the dry chilli mee pok is a must have. The chilli pack a punch, abit smoky. Do ask for more chilli if you can take the heat.

Best timing to go is between 10.30am and 11.15am. Any timing out of the suggested range can result in waiting time up to 45 minutes. Till the market recovered, I will make do with some fish ball noodle. No big fish, big meat for now.


Address : Teochew Fishball Noodle at Wiseng Food Place

463 Crawford Lane #01-29 Singapore 190463

Operating hours : 8am - 3pm Monday to Saturday 

*Review is unpaid and unscheduled.


(463 Crawford Lane,which was named after John Crawfurd, the 2nd resident of Singapore)


Please follow us on telegram for the latest update on Lone Wolf investor by clicking on the link below 

https://t.me/joinchat/oCgkD3sQFRMzMWM1




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Money(Portfolio update for end April 2024)part 1

Wolf Money(The Demise of The Singapore Stock Market)

Wolf Money(portfolio update for end Aug 2023) part 1