Wolf Bargain(Fried Chicken Vs Fried Chicken)

I am always drawn to nice fried chicken. Who can resist a nice crispy fried chicken? My mum always advocate healthy eating but sometime she secretly buy fried chicken for herself.😁 Of course one could say I am way beyond my age to have fried chicken on a regular basis. The notion of before 40 years old you eat the food, after 40 years old the food eat me still hold truth to me but the odd treat occasionally doesn’t harm. My son and I will have a fried chicken day once a month. My family is on a lookout for nice fried chicken to try. Please send me any suggestion if you have any recommendation for nice fried chicken via the comment section. Thank you 🙏.

 My son enjoy his fried chicken as much as I do. There are 2 particular stores which standout among all the fried chicken we ate. They are not your standard cookies cutter chain stores. In my opinion they tasted way better. Both are freshly made from fresh chicken and fried to perfection. Let the match up begins. 


Arnold’s (City Plaza)




(Menu)


(Golden brown Fried Chicken)

Arnold’s store at City Plaza is the founding outlet of the company. It had been operating out of City Plaza for more than 30 years. I am a customer since I was a teen. The less than 1500 sqft restaurant is always jam packed with people during peak hours especially weekend. It has a huge following among the Muslim community. Waiting time can take up to an hour. The fried chicken has so far maintained a high level of standard or better. Arnold’s fried chicken reminded me of the original taste of the leading “K” brand when it was still running like a restaurant in the 80s. For people of the younger generation, going to the “K” brand restaurant was a grand affair then. It was never made out to be a fast food joint. Diners are given proper stainless steel cutlery and ceramic plate to eat with. Table service was a commonality at the restaurant. Back to Arnold’s, I ordered a 2 pieces meal with sides and a drink which add up to $10.3. The chicken has a nice crust to it. The chicken is not overly seasoned. The piping hot chicken just exploded with so much juice in the mouth when one take the first bite. The batter covering the chicken is kept at minimum(I had fried chicken with more crust than the meat). Special mention goes to the sides, lightly salted French fries and coleslaw goes well with the fried chicken. Coleslaw and French fries does give you a balance meal since they are classified as “vegetable” 😇😁


Wildfire Burgers(Nafa Campus)




(Menu)


(Equally alluring dark skin fried chicken) 


The store is famous for their Black Angus beef Cheese burger($14) but personally the gem is in its fried chicken which are sold in small batches daily. Quite a few times I was there, the fried chicken were sold out by lunch hour. Three pieces chicken cost $13 which is comparable to Arnold’s price. The fried chicken had a darker tone appearance. I suspect it has to do with the sugar in the batter which caramelised it into a darker outer skin. The fried chicken had all the hallmarks of a good fried chicken. Crispy, juicy and nice aroma etc. The crust is unique, it has a mild spicy sweet after taste which balance out the salt content in the chicken. I can felt the taste palette dancing. Both fried chicken are suitable for kids which are mildly spicy. The winner of the fried chicken vs fried chicken competition goes to ......drumroll......my stomach. It is a hard fight between the two. I can’t really choose a winner.

After having tasted both fried chicken, I will agree with Arnold Schwarzenegger famous quote “I will be back” many times over. Kindly have your fried chicken in moderation. God bless for good health. 


Address : Arnold’s 

810 Geylang Road, City Plaza #02-99 Singapore 409286

Operating hours : 11am to 10pm daily 

https://arnoldsfriedchicken.com/



Address Wildfire Burger

80 Bencoolen Street, Nafa Campus #01-15 Singapore 189655

Operating hours : 12pm to 3pm and 5.30pm to 10.30pm daily 

https://www.wildfireburgers.com/


* Review are unpaid and unscheduled. 

Please follow us on telegram for the latest update on Lone Wolf Investor by clicking on the link below 

https://t.me/joinchat/oCgkD3sQFRMzMWM1




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Money(Portfolio update for end April 2024)part 1

Wolf Money(The Demise of The Singapore Stock Market)

Wolf Money(portfolio update for end Aug 2023) part 1