Wolf Bargain(Hong Qin Fish & Duck porridge)

 




(Unique duck porridge)


Over the next month or two i will be doing some renovation to my house. There are plenty of things to purchase to fit out the apartment. I might not be able to update my blog regularly. In the meantime, I have discovered a small eatery with quite an odd combo, fish and duck porridge.

I haven’t came across any eatery that sell fish and duck as main dish. I find it weirder both fish and duck porridge share the same popularity among the patrons. 

The shop is located off the main road of Sims Ave. Being the new kid(man) on block, I am keen to explore my neighbourhood. There are plenty of eateries along Sims Ave, Geylang Road and Guillemard Road.


(Thick slices of fish)


I ordered the fish porridge ($10) and duck drum porridge($7). The fish soup is light and the batang fish slices are thick. It might be $10 a shot but I got plenty of fish for $10, good enough for two person. As for the duck drum porridge, it is something I had never try before. My usual impression of duck porridge is those Cantonese style thicken porridge. This particular duck porridge is as light as the fish soup. Surprising! No corn flour was added to thicken the porridge. The deboned duck drum porridge is just delightful and easy to eat. The tender duck meat is infused with dark soya and herbal fragrance. The more you bite the duck meat the better it tasted. I can eat the porridge all day long. Do try it out, I am quietly confident most people will find it nice. Do expect a long queue during lunch hour. Best timing to go at just before 11am. Their operating hours is unusual, laterally you can have the fish and duck porridge for breakfast at 5.30am. Duck rice is available too. 


*Review is unpaid and unscheduled.

Hong Qin Fish & Duck porridge

Address: 134 Geylang East Ave 1 

#01-217 Singapore 380134

Operating hours: Monday to Sunday 5.30am to 3.30pm closed on Wednesday.



Please follow us on telegram for the latest update on Lone Wolf investor by clicking on the link below 

https://t.me/joinchat/oCgkD3sQFRMzMWM1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Money(Portfolio update for end April 2024)part 1

Wolf Money(The Demise of The Singapore Stock Market)

Wolf Money(portfolio update for end Aug 2023) part 1