Wolf Bargain(COMO Cuisine and COMO Metropolitan Hotel)




I had the pleasure of lunching with a friend at the newly opened COMO Cuisine. The restaurant is housed on the 2nd floor of COMO Orchard, Bideford Road. Readers of my blog know the property was frequently mentioned in my blog due to my ownership of Boustead Singapore share. The property is co-owned by Boustead Projects.

Como Cuisine, first outlet, is located at Dempsey. Their Bideford outlet was so new, we were one of the first few diners walking through their door. The interior deco of the restaurant had an industrial and modern feel, giving the patrons a sense of space due its high ceiling and the generous spacing between each table. 

(A cafe with an Industrial look) 

(The bar looks amazing)

First up, an appetiser of Tortilla Chip with Guacamole Dipping Sauce. The essence was in the sauce, which gave a wonderful feedback to the palate with it earthy and slightly sweet natural taste. For the main, I ordered a Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich and a COMO Wagyu Burger was my friend’s choice. There were very few differences in term of pricing compared to other good cafe operating out of Orchard area but COMO’s servings were huge. I struggled to finish my Club Sandwich and my friend struggled with the juiciness of the burger, those on a date it might be wise to skip the burger before the “affair” become too messy to handle. Overall the food were great. If one is looking for a light lunch, sharing the calories around might be an option. Alcoholic drinks were unavailable on the day due to liquor license pending for approval. The bar counter does look amazing. We were attended by the restaurant manager, Ivan, who had spoken to us briefly about the concept and history of the restaurant. Having the Club 21 store beside the restaurant, I thought, was a master stroke by the owner where good food and high fashion meet.


(Tortilla with Guacamole Dipping Sauce $16)

(COMO Wagyu Burger with Fries $35)

(Grilled Chicken Club Sandwiches with Fries $28)

(Colourful layers of my club)

(Any Jackson Wang Fans here? His clothing line, Team Wang is available at Club 21)

(Wolf & Manager, Ivan)

I also took the opportunity to explore the public space within the building. There is a hotel lobby on the 6th floor which has become my latest favourite place in Orchard. The lobby gave me a sense of peace and tranquillity. The place felt like an Oasis in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Orchard area. It is a bloody good place (in Gordon Ramsay’s words) to let my creative juice flow while I get going with my blogging. There is a small roof garden for anyone requires fresh air. Other areas of the hotel only accessible to guests of the establishment includes an infinity pool and a pool side bar at the top level. I was told it looks like the mini version of the pool in MBS. Needless to say the view is going to be awesome. Adding to the experience, I was on hand to see their Robo Barista, “Bruno” in action. It produced coffee in double quick time, the robotic arms were fascinating to watch. I am spellbound by the robotic arms working in harmony in well-choreographed movements. It was part of the hotel’s plan to incorporate technology into their service. By the way, the coffee tasted delicious, perfect for anyone who required a perk me up.

(The flora display on the digital wall)

(The breezy roof garden for anyone needing some fresh air)

(Robo Barista “Bruno” in action)

(My first coffee made by a robot)

My special thank you to Guest Relations Officer, Samantha for her kind service. Her passion for her work was infectious. All the niceties could be said about The COMO Metropolitan Hotel’s hardware but it is the people working behind the scene that makes the hotel tick. I am glad to be part of this journey of discovery.


*Cedric Grolet, located on the first floor, has been a glaring omission from my blog due to difficulty of getting a table. I will be going back to experience how a cake costing $26 a slice really tastes like.

*Reviews are voluntary and unscheduled.

Please consider following us on telegram for the latest update on Lone Wolf investor by clicking on the link below. No form filling, no payment required, no collection of data, no data mining, no hard selling, no obligation. 

https://t.me/joinchat/oCgkD3sQFRMzMWM1



Disclaimers 

All investments is highly speculative in nature and involves substantial risk of loss. We encourage our reader to invest very carefully. We also encourage reader to get personal advice from your professional investment advisor and to make independent investigations before acting on information that we publish. Much of our information is derived directly from information published by companies or submitted to governmental agencies on which we believe are reliable but are without our independent verification. Therefore, we cannot assure you that the information is accurate or complete. We do not in any way whatsoever warrant or guarantee the success of any action you take in reliance on our statements. All information provided are for education only. Buyer beware,do you own due diligence.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Money(Portfolio update for end April 2024)part 1

Wolf Money(The Demise of The Singapore Stock Market)

Wolf Money(portfolio update for end Aug 2023) part 1