Wolf Bargain(Finding peace in Asylum)



 





Coffee and I are inseparable duo. I need at least 2 cups of cuppa daily to give me enough fuel for thought for the rest of the day. Coffee is my elixir of life,  awakening my senses, opening up my morning to a whole new world. Unproven research had shown 2-4 cups of coffee a day help improve youthfulness and lower the risk of heart disease. I always enjoy a nice cup of coffee with some quiet reading. I am fortunate to be living in an area where new coffee joints are popping out like mushrooms. 




(Barista, Julian doing his magic)


Asylum Coffeehouse is a small coffee joint located at the junction of Petain Road along Jalan Besar. I am told it had been in operation for a year. The concept of the cafe is Minimalist Scandinavian. Fixtures of the cafe were kept at a minimum, the owner want the patrons to enjoy the quiet sanctuary with good coffee as the main focus. I like the layout of the cafe with the iconic La Maazocco coffee machine as the centre piece of the cafe. The cafe is running on skeleton work force. The owner and 2 part time baristas doubling up as cashiers making up the team.





I ordered a flat white($5.50) made with Keluak espresso house blend. Julian, one of the barista was kind enough to make me one. The coffee is strong but not overpowering. The chocolate and hazelnut did filter through to the coffee. The coffee has a nice aroma and body. I suggest having a small teaspoon of raw sugar to go with your coffee to give it an all round taste. Other standard coffee base caffeinated drinks are available in Hot or Iced. A small selection of pastries are available for purchase if you fancy a nibble with your coffee. I enjoy the quiet space and the warm service of the Julian and Pavethra. Both were proactively answering my questions on the cafe and coffee. Sometime it’s the people that made the cafe tick. The cafe has that magical formula to be successful. 

Peace can be expensive(Nobel peace prize 1m), peace can be priceless(Ukraine Russia war) or you can buy peace in Asylum for a mere $5.5. The cafe is located off the beaten track, perfect for someone doing some soul searching, someone engaging in creative writing or for someone who just want to be away from the hustle and bustle of city life to enjoy a quiet day. The next great earth impacting idea might come from this cafe. Progreso para el ser humano! Onwards and upwards.

P.S. If you can’t find peace here due to growing popularity of Lone Wolf Investor blog, I can point you to the direction of Peace Hotel in Shanghai where peace is always guaranteed, almost. ✌️







(Special Thank to Julian and Pavethra for their warm hospitality)


Address : Asylum Coffeehouse 

311 Jalan Besar Singapore 208970

Operating hours : Monday-Sunday 8am-4.30pm daily excluding PH

* Review is unpaid and unscheduled. 



Please follow us on telegram for the latest update on Lone Wolf investor by clicking on the link below 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Money(Portfolio update for end April 2024)part 1

Wolf Money(The Demise of The Singapore Stock Market)

Wolf Money(portfolio update for end Aug 2023) part 1